1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Bluetooth decreases WIFI-Speed on second router in my chain!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by casefolder, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. casefolder

casefolder Thread Starter

Hello,

I couldn't find a solution to a big problem I have with this setup:

1st router in my chain is a Thomson from my provider (WiFi is usually off, I only use it because the provider doesn't give me the config data to connect directly without using their router)

2nd router is a TP-Link.

So, when I connect my laptop to the TP-Link via WiFi and use bluetooth headphones watching YT the video will halt several times.
    When I connect to the Thomson's WiFi the video runs smoothly and the red bar keeps proceeding to the right much quicker than the realtime video.
    I tried this at my office, too. Same problem. The 2nd router in the chain works perfectly when using WiFi as long as you don't use BT with it.
    I really don't understand that!

Someone knows this problem?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It's not impossible for a Bluetooth device to cause some Wi-Fi interference. What channels have you tried?

3. casefolder

casefolder Thread Starter

Seems leading to the right path! Sorry for the late answer. The provider - router was set to channel 1 / auto. TP-Link router was set to 11 /auto. I set it to 1 and deactivated the wifi on the provider r.!
    So far it works smoothly from my laptop, even in HD. Couldn't test with my mobile but I assume the problem can be seen as solved. Thank you very much, man!

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

You can mark this thread solved using the "Mark Solved" above the first post on this page.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1200258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice