Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetooth Devices Supposedly Connected But Not

766 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Compaq__ 
#1 ·
Hello

I've had a problem with my bluetooth keyboard and mouse for quite some time now. The problem is that they disconnect and then won't reconnect. This usually happens after the computer has been inactive for about an hour or so, but it varies. Occasionally they have disconnected while I've been using them, but this is a rare occurence.

The problem comes when I try to use the mouse after it has been idle for a while. Usually clicking the left mouse button brings it out of sleep mode and the light comes on at the bottom, but in the occasions where it does not work nothing happens. The computer for some reason still considers it to be connected; I have a program called BluetoothView which shows the last time connected, and this is continuously updated even when I can no longer use the mouse.

I'm running Windows XP SP2. My bluetooth adapter, as well as the keyboard and mouse, are all manufactured by Belkin.

Any help greatly appreciated :up:

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
I don't think so. I presume that would be something to do with system standby? In the power options it is set to never go into system standby, or turn of the hard disks. However I may be misinterpreting something here. If so, where can I change my power saving options?

Thanks for your reply.

#4 ·
Do you have all the latest drivers for your bluetooth adapter and possibly your mouse/kb?

As for the power saving...sounds like you have it configured fine. Just also make sure System Hibernate is also turned off (If you have that option).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.