Bluetooth Devices?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Susie N

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct forum, but I've got a question about bluetooth devices. This is gonna be a really dumb one. :eek: I have a newer laptop here that is wireless. In other words, I have a router and a small wireless network set up. I have the little blue button that lights up at the top of the keyboard. Is that bluetooth? I also have a wireless printer with that same icon lit up blue.

I have a new cellphone that is bluetooth and I want to make the phone and computer talk to each other to transfer pictures. I read that I need to go to "Bluetooth Devices" in the Control Panel to get things set up. However, I don't see that selection. So, do I have bluetooth or not? :confused:

DoubleHelix

Banned
Look in Device Manager. If you don't see anything that says Bluetooth, you don't have it. Many laptop manufacturers make the wireless LAN connection light blue. Read the manual on the printer to find out what connectivity options it comes with.

I have seen where people have bluetooth but the drivers aren't installed so if you see any ?'s lin the device manager let us know as well

You can also post the make and model of laptop here and we can let you know if it even is capable of having bluetooth embeded in it.

Usually with laptops its a trade off bluetooth or wireless or embeded ethernet not many unless you get the higher end versions have all 3 working and integrated.

Remember even if your laptop does not have the capability of bluetooth right now you can buy Bluetooth PCMCIA or USB cards that will work on a laptop.

Susie N

I feel so dumb.....how do I get to the device manager? I've been there before, but I can't figure it out (especially with a baby in arms).

I have an HP Pavilion zv5160us.

Thanks!

TerryNet

Terry
Right click on My Computer - Properties - Hardware - Device manager.

Susie N

Thanks.

Well, bummer because I don't see bluetooth listed in the device manager. :(

Oh well. Thanks for your help!

Bluetooth is NOT an available internal add-on to your laptop either. You can however still buy a USB or PCMCIA bluetooth adapter like I had mentioned before.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online