Bluetooth Disappeared from PC

SaintTaylor1405

Hello,
I've just bought a pair of wireless headphones and tried to pair to my PC however my bluetooth appears to have disappeared across my PC.
- Its no longer an icon on my action centre and the bluetooth on/ off button has disappeared
- Has disappeared from device manager (even when clicking on "show hidden devices")
- I've restarted Bluetooth Support Service in the Services app section
- uninstalled and reinstalled Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)- and now doesn't appear on device manager
- Scanned for hardware in device manager and nothing found
- Troubleshooted bluetooth and it said it was not available on this device (which I know it is)

Below is my Laptop spec and I've run out of ideas so if anyone can help I would be really thankful

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20201102155336.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
Hard Drives: C: 55 GB (1 GB Free); D: 931 GB (758 GB Free);
Motherboard: Acer NC-VN7-571G-502F, ver V1.14, s/n 0000000000
System: Insyde Corp., ver ACRSYS - 1, s/n NXMRVEK024449172AB6600
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Go to the web site of your laptop, locate your lap top, and see if there are any bluetooth drivers for download.

plodr

Liz
What is the exact model of your Acer laptop?
Have you used bluetooth on this laptop with any other device?

Couriant

James
Acer Aspire V15 Nitro VN7-571G

I am not able to get any information on the serial, I suspect that the motherboard has been replaced?

As the issue, it's possible that the hardware for the bluetooth has failed. To confirm, under settings > Devices do you see Bluetooth here?

1624035257960.png

SaintTaylor1405

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro VN7-571G

I am not able to get any information on the serial, I suspect that the motherboard has been replaced?

As the issue, it's possible that the hardware for the bluetooth has failed. To confirm, under settings > Devices do you see Bluetooth here?

View attachment 288510
I see bluetooth as a section but doesn't give me the on/off selection (see below).
I've downloaded drivers from the company website (both Intel and Atheros) and when I restart the machine it still doesn't pick them up. I search in device manager and can't see them

1624209963402.png

Couriant

James
OK, If you can't find it in Device Manager, then my gut feeling is that the hardware for the Bluetooth part is now defective, unless it's maybe disabled in the BIOS. Your easiest solution is to get something like this.

SaintTaylor1405

OK, If you can't find it in Device Manager, then my gut feeling is that the hardware for the Bluetooth part is now defective, unless it's maybe disabled in the BIOS. Your easiest solution is to get something like this.

I found the solution!!
https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/598941/camera-not-working

By going into control panel and selecting device & printers and then right click/ properties on your laptop.
Then go to Hardware and scroll to the bottom to devices which aren't working and enable AND IT WORKED!!
So happy, thanks for all peoples help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online