1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth Dongle

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JamesEB, Aug 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JamesEB

JamesEB Thread Starter

I am trying to buy a Bluetooth dongle from Amazon.co.uk for my PC apparently needed for my speakers.

I know nothing about Bluetooth.

I phone a supplier who told me that "these" days Bluetooth dongles need a USB 4.0 port.

My PC has 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports.

What do I do please?

pinkcloud

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Don't use Bluetooth speakers.
    I'm not trying to be funny but I go to lots of forums and see problems people have trying to pair bluetooth devices with dongles.

If you are lucky and have bluetooth built in, it works great. I don't have speakers but I do own two bluetooth keyboards and both work fine on my Windows 7 netbook and my two android tablets. I have no problem pairing the device.

One gentleman had a JBL, either a Flip 4 or a Charge 3. He was never able to get the computer to pair with the speaker. He didn't have bluetooth built in.

Use the bluetooth speaker on a smartphone or tablet until you get a computer with bluetooth built in. You'll avoid lots of frustration trying to pair the device with the dongle.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    There's no such thing as Usb 4.0 but there is a bluetooth 4 which he may have meant.

4. JamesEB

JamesEB Thread Starter

Yes, probably

Thanks
    JamesEB

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1194075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice