1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth driver problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tayabh123, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tayabh123

tayabh123 Thread Starter

Hi.

The problem I have is connecting my bluetooth headset to my laptop. Initially it was working fine, but the sound quality wasn't very good (compared to playing the same sound when connected to my android device). So I decided to update the driver on the laptop.

Here is where the problem started.

I have a HP Pavilion dv6-6b51sa laptop, with a 64bit windows 7 installed. The headphones are these http://www.hensonaudio.com/Bluetooth-Headphones/Henson-Audio-BTH033-Bluetooth-Headphones.

I went onto the HP website to update the driver:
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6b00-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5145688/model/5177024?sku=A3C37EA&ssfFlag=true#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1

I then proceeded to download and install the intel PROset bluetooth driver. Which installed fine. It then let me connect to the headphones, but no sound was coming through. I then clicked on the headset after connecting, and clicked 'search services'. One of the services it found was 'Listen to music'. However when selected, nothing actually happens and stays on that screen.

So as I realised i had made a mistake in updating, I needed another way to solve the issue. So i downloaded the intel driver update utility. It said I should update the bluetooth module to the latest version, so I did it through that utility. Still the same problem and I couldn't hear anything.

So i looked at a friends laptop which is similar and his bluetooth driver was the intel centrino 1.0.78.254. So I uninstalled the intel PROset driver which I downloaded earlier through the uninstall programmes feature on windows. Then I downloaded the intel centrino 1.0.78.254 after finding it on google, but upon installing it says a newer version is of the intel proset is already installed. So this has left me rather confused as to what to do next.

The only work around I have found is to use the generic bluesoleil application, however this isn't something I want to pay for when the bluetooth was working fine earlier.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

2. tayabh123

tayabh123 Thread Starter

Anyone?

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    When that happens, I restore the computer to the state that it was in before I installed the improper driver.

Sounds will not sound the same from one device to another because of the different sound devices. If you are happy with the sound on the Android tablet, keep the headset for that. Test a different headset on the laptop.

4. tayabh123

tayabh123 Thread Starter

I tried doing a system restore but there was no restore point saved.

Also the headphones were connecting before, so I can't justify paying more money to get another pair.

Is there any way I can copy the driver from one laptop to another?

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Only if you have two laptops exactly the same.

6. tayabh123

tayabh123 Thread Starter

I have access to another laptop, which I can say is like 99% the same, the only difference I noted between the laptops is that mine has an i5 processor and the other is i3.

Id definitely give it a shot.

Any idea how I can go about this?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice