1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth gone from Windows 7 32-bit HP laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ArrowsDawdle, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ArrowsDawdle

ArrowsDawdle Thread Starter

Installed (paired) Motorola H350 to use with Skype using Download
    CSR Bluetooth driver v1.0.0.376 for Windows Vista / Windows Server 2008 x86 (32-bit) because bloggers said it worked on 7 with Skype very well, which it did yesterday. I had gone into control panel > sounds > manage audio devices > playback, and set the H350 as the default communications device, whereupon, the Conexant speakers disappeared until I finally learned today that you have to right click the white space to recover disabled devices.

Today is when I recovered the Conexant speakers because the H350 had disappeared and of course stopped working. I saw somewhere that a device may only be paired with only a phone or a PC not both at the same time. My PC and my cell phone occupy the same desk so maybe the phone hijacked the pairing back from the PC when I rebooted earlier today. So, I have blocked the H350 from my cell phone since I rarely use it and can pair it again easily when needed.

However, the problem now is that the Bluetooth icon has disappeared from my PC and after a search could not find Bluetooth in the PC I manually looked through device manager and it is not there.

Thanks in advance if you have a solution. Please help me find and enable bluetooth again.

2. pip22

pip22

Since the bluetooth device is not shown in Device Manager, this means either 1 or 2:

1. Bluetooth is disabled/turned off either by the bluetooth slider switch somewhere on one of the laptop's 4 sides, or there will be a key (usually top row) which has to pressed in combination with the 'Fn' key.

Or

2. The bluetooth adapter itself is faulty.

3. ArrowsDawdle

I do not see a slider switch or an Fn key associated with Bluetooth. The Bluetooth icon was previously in the systray...oh my goodness, I just was looking at the hidden icons to describe the location accurately and there is the Bluetooth icon again!!! I swear it was gone yesterday.

How did you do that? Man, this Tech Support Guy site is awesome, just post your dilemma and voila, issure resolved!!

Hopefully, I can get the H350 working again with Skype.

Thanks much!

4. ArrowsDawdle

After the last post above I did indeed get it working fine again with Skype. But, the happiness was short lived. A day has passed and the Bluetooth icon is nowhere to be found again on this Win7 PC. Disappeared again. Since it regressed to not working, I downloaded the full driver stack and it won't install because it finds no Bluetooth, wants me to turn it on for discovery. I thought it meant the HP350 earpiece but with it turned on still no discovery. None of the Fn keys show a Bluetooth icon. This is maddening and time consuming. Hope there is an answer out there somewhere. What could possibly cause the Bluetooth icon to disappear and reappear from the systray hidden icons and Bluetooth not be found in device manager or networks or anywhere else via system search? What I did notice is that start menu shows Bluetooth File Transfer and clicking on it asks if I want to send files or receive files. Under properties it shows target: %SystemRoot%\system32\fsquirt.exe Compatibility mode was default and changing it to Windows 7 doesn't help.

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1055045

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice