1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth Headset and PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by unclewoody, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. unclewoody

unclewoody Thread Starter

I have a SONY MDRZX770BT Bluetooth Headset which I am trying to pair with my Dell OMNIPLEX AIO PC. All seems to go well, until I bring up the 'SOUND' screen from Control Panel. The headset, which was reported as successfully added, and ready to use, does not appear on the screen of playback devices.
    All related BT and sound devices on Device Manager are shown as working properly, and the headset appears on the Devices and Printer screen. I also checked that all BT Services are running.
    I was able to install, and use, the headset on my wife's computer, so it is not a defective device.
    I checked the SONY web site for possible driver updates, and no downloads are avaiable for this device.
    Also, I had a previous (Philips) BT headset working on this PC, so the BT software seemsOK.,.
    What have I overlooked?

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Your issue is that it "doesn't appear" in the playback devices window? If I remember correctly.....BT devices are different from wifi and they don't so up like any other device does.

3. unclewoody

Thanks, but my issue is that they will not provide sound. BT Headsets do show up, at least they do on my wife's PC, on the playback devices liost.

4. unclewoody

UPDATE: I clicked on 'show disconnected devices', and the headset DOES appear, but 'disconnected'. Clicking on 'connect' does nothing. How do I get it connected?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1166919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice