1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by carlHeinz, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. carlHeinz

carlHeinz Thread Starter

I’m having problems getting my Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse working.
    I’ve installed Intellitype and IntelliPoing with no errors.
    I’ve added the Keyboard to the Bluetooth devices, the passkey worked fine. But the keyboard just doesn’t work. i.e. when I hit the keys, nothing happens.
    In my keyboard properties, the wireless keyboard battery level is shown as good (they’re new batteries).
    The only thing that looks odd is that in the Hardware tab (in keyboard properties), it only lists my USB keyboard.
    I’ve tried unplugging the USB keyboard and rebooting with just the Bluetooth one on, but no joy at all.

2. pehbond

pehbond

have you tried to use a different usb port and and have you made sure you dont have any other device that use radiowaves as they may be interfering with your keyboard signals

3. carlHeinz

carlHeinz Thread Starter

I will give it a go, but the fact that i was able to put in a passkey from the bluetooth keyboard makes me think that there's nothing wrong with the port or the comms between the keyboard and the computer

4. carlHeinz

carlHeinz Thread Starter

That made no difference, still not able to use the keyboard

5. pehbond

pehbond

have you had a look at the ,amufacturers website to see if there are any new versions of software that may have a bug fix which may be the case?

6. carlHeinz

carlHeinz Thread Starter

I'm using the latest version of intellitype and intellipoint (5.5) XP SP2.
    The keyboard pairs with the bluetooth successfully and lets me type in a pass key as soon as it says it's ready to use, i hit the keys and nothing happens on the screen.
    I can pair the mouse successfully, but when i open Bluetooth devices, the mouse has disappeared from the list of devices (the keyboard is still there though)

7. pehbond

pehbond

have you tried the devices in a different computer to make sure that the device is not faulty

8. peter2314

peter2314

i had the same problem connecting my fone but i figured out how to do it could u tell me what make and model ur bluetooth device is first please ????

9. carlHeinz

carlHeinz Thread Starter

I've tested the keyboard, mouse and dongle on another computer and that worked fine.

MS bluetooth 2.0 dongle
    MS intellimouse
    MS keyboard elite

10. carlHeinz

carlHeinz Thread Starter

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488359

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice