1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth microphone problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ARYT, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARYT

ARYT Thread Starter

So I have a Sony Bluetooth stereo headset (DR-BT21G). I'm quite satisfied; It works great with my iPhone (well, the previous/next doesn't work. No big deal. There's something wrong with Apple, not Sony of course).
    And I have a Toshiba Satellie A300-15C which has a built-in Bluetooth. Running Windows Vista home premium and Toshiba bluetooth stack 7.10.10 (latest version). Everything functions except the microphone.
    I've done some research so far and tried disabling my other microphone (built-in) and manually change audio input/ output through control panel. Doesn't work!

This might help you a bit: before the Bluetooth software update, I could listen to music and everything except flash audio contents! Yeah, that's odd but at the same time I was listening to a music (and hearing the sound from my Bluetooth headset), the voice from YouTube videos, etc. were coming out of my laptop speaker.
    Since I updated my Bluetooth software, it's ok. Just need to restart the browser after pairing with the headset.

+ I use MorphVOX Pro. If I don't run it, the microphone (in general, not for the Bluetooth thingy only) doesn't work. It's up and running now. No problemo.

One more hint: It totally works on XP (checked via skype too). I actually read somewhere that Vista lacks a "blah blah" Bluetooth profile. Any idea?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice