Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

(Bluetooth on computer) I've got bluetooth but it wont work! HELP!

18K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  leroys1000 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a windows 7. I have found the bluetooth in my computer, it says "fsquirt" aswell. When I open the file, it says send files or recieve files. So if i click on Send Files, it says " select where to send your files" with a large box under it which i cannot type in. If i press recieve files, it says " windows was unable to transfer some files, an address incompatible with the requested protocol was used.

So i dont know how to fix this!?! Help please? I'm trying to send videos from my phone to my computer via bluetooth!

:):rolleyes::DThanks!:D:rolleyes::)

#2 ·
You need to go to start/devices and printers.
Set your phone to discovery mode.
Might also work if you just have it on with bluetooth enabled.
Then in devices and printers click add device and let
it search for the phone.
You may need to enter a passkey for the phone once it
is detected.
Check the user manual for it.
Passkeys are usually 0000 or 0001.
Once the partnership between the phone and the computer
is setup,you should be able to do transfers.
If that doesn't help,try windows mobile device center.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device-center-download.mspx

#6 ·
@TerryNet: Isnt discovery mode the same as visibility? Which I have on.
@leroys1000: The icon is on the taskbar, when right clicked the only options are "fsquirt"(fsquirt opens it) and"unpin this from taskbar".

I have a LG Xenon cell phone if it matters by the way...

#7 ·
Isnt discovery mode the same as visibility? Which I have on.
Probably. Sorry. I was thinking that a device can be visible to other devices to which it was already paired, but not discoverable by new devices. But likely visibility is used interchangeably with discovery.

Are you sure the computer's bluetooth is switched on?

#9 ·
How do you switch the bluetooth on the computer on?
On my Dell I just use the Fn + F2 key combination to toggle it on and off.

On my HP dv6500z I use the slide switch on the front plus use the HP wireless and bluetooth utility to separately enable/disable either of those radios.

Clearly you really want to know how you can switch your computer's bluetooth on/off, but I have no idea what kind of computer you have nor what bluetooth utilities may be installed.

(is it supposed to be labled "fsquirt"?)
No, and I'm sure it is not. fsquirt seems to be some kind of file transfer utility that uses bluetooth.

leroys1000 mentioned "a bluetooth icon in the taskbar." I am sure (well, almost sure) that he meant in the notification area of the taskbar. Right now I'm on my laptop that does not have bluetooth, so I can't show you any pictures.

#11 ·
Picture time. :) See attached.

When the bluetooth is switched on you should have the bluetooth icon (circled in blue) in the Notification Area, probably in the "hidden" section.

When it's switched on you should also be able to find at least one bluetooth "thing" in Device Manager (red circle). If there is a driver or some other issue you will have warning or error also.

These items do not show in Device Manager or the Notification Area when the bluetooth is switched off.

Getting a red X on the bluetooth icon every time you press Fn + F3 implies to me an error of some type.

Attachments

#15 ·
Turn the bluetooth on so the icon is in the taskbar.
Yes,the bluetooth icon show in the notification area.
Then go to start and right click computer.
Click properties.
Click the dive manager link.
Is there a bluetooth device or unknown device listed there?
If so,right click it and click update driver.
Click let windows search automatically.
See if it successfully installs a driver and
starts working.
If not,you may need to check the support section of the manufacturers
website for the proper driver.
If there isn't a bluetooth device listed then that hardware
is not installed.
Then a usb dongle should work for you.
Get one that is edr 2.1.
I have had problems with the ols 2.0 version on windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.