1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth Peripheral Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SilverEyedWolf, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SilverEyedWolf

SilverEyedWolf Thread Starter

I've been having some problems trying trying to set up some new Bluetooth headphones, I bought a USB Bluetooth Dongle to give my laptop the capability but now I'm having problems locating the drivers for either device. The headphones are Bluetooth SX-907C, the dongle is literally called a Bluetooth USB Dongle, says it's 2.0 compatible, as does the headphones.

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    go to start>right click computer>click properties>Device Manager (upper left) Do you see Any yellow triangles or exclamation points? If so right click them an hit update drivers

3. SilverEyedWolf

My computer can't find any drivers and the only link I could find to download the drivers myself was far from useful.

4. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Im somewaht familiar with bluetooth devices. Havent used in a while though. Just to BE clear you need drivers for the headphones AND the bluetooth dongle? The bluetooth sounds like a generic dongle? WHere did u purchase it? also DL run and copy paste the info from this link into ur next post so I can see some basic PC specs.
    http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

5. SilverEyedWolf

At one point I only needed the drivers for the headphones, but in my blind mashings around it seems like I f'd up the drivers for the dongle as well, and now it seems like I need drivers for both, yes. Here's the info you wanted:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3690 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics, 384 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 457710 MB, Free - 188387 MB; D: Total - 14964 MB, Free - 1663 MB; E: Total - 4055 MB, Free - 4044 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3577
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

EDIT: The dongle doesn't need drivers, it's just showing a [​IMG] because the peripheral drivers aren't installed. I just need the headphone drivers.

6. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    are you able to access the USB dongle then. and are you able to do a "device search"? And if so can you find the Headphones, yes? When?If you do find the headphones does it ask you for like a 4 digit code or something?

7. SilverEyedWolf

Yes I can access the dongle and do a device search, I find the headphones pretty quickly. It doesn't ask me for anything, it just auto-installs. It then requests a driver update, which neither my cpu or I can find. When I check the volume bar, the symbol has changed from the speakers to a headset. Yes I have made sure the volume is up on both devices.

8. SilverEyedWolf

Bump, still having the same problems with the headphones

9. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Sorry wasnt feeling well yesterday. I am at a loss I will send one of my friends who knows more about this a link to your thread and see if he can help you.

10. UCanFixit

UCanFixit

I think you need to start from scratch so I would recommend that you delete anything in device manager that makes reference to Bluetooth and start over. Now, follow this specific flow chart and pay close attent to the instructions for pairing. If you get through it OK then great; however, if it fails, we need to know exactly what happened (in detail):

http://www.justop.com/catalog/techn...eadset-headphones-with-your-windows-7-pc.html

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice