Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetooth radio statues not working

540 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
I've been working on this all the past few days and I can't seem to find a fix and I've tried everything on the internet. I've tried everything even manually install drivers from Alienware dell website for my computer and when i restart it doesn't work. I'm desperate lol

#2 ·
I can attempt to assist on this. The first thing to check is Device Manager. You want to see if the Bluetooth adapter is listed. Also look for devices that have a yellow exclamation point, meaning they are known to the OS but malfunctioning. If the Bluetooth adapter is not listed, it has been switched off from BIOS or some other mechanism.

The next place to check is Start, Settings, Devices, and make sure Bluetooth is turned on. You should also check BIOS to make sure the Bluetooth radio is turned on / enabled. It is possible a BIOS or firmware update silently disabled the device.

The last thing to be sure of is the laptop has a keyboard function to disable Bluetooth. There have been numerous cases where Bluetooth stopped working for no known reason. In many cases the laptop owner didn't realize they had accidentally turned off Bluetooth from the keyboard.

If you still need help, it will be helpful to know what model Alienware you are working with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.