Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetooth Recognition Not Working

Solved 
1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  InverseFlash69 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the common reasons for a Windows 7 to not recognize any Bluetooth devices? I tried to pair my Bluetooth headphones to my Windows 7, but the laptop did not detect any devices.

#8 · (Edited)
OK, the service tag would help. Go to Command Prompt and type wmic bios get serialnumber and press enter. You will get the 7 digit number and I can go from there.

To my knowledge, the Dell Latitude E6420 (business model) does not have bluetooth but I may be wrong. I started off with the Dell machines at E6430s.

Edit: I may be wrong. I have had a look and it should have a Bluetooth : Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth® 3.0 adapter but Dell did not include this in all of the E6420s. The service tag would confirm if it did came with it.

#12 ·
What's interesting is that the one image shows it's a Latitude E6420 but the machine is actually a Latitude E6430. I am assuming someone configured the support file when doing the Windows Install and may have mistyped.

This model indeed has a bluetooth module according to Dell.

430-4642 : Dell Wireless 380 Bluetooth 4. 0 LE Module, Dell Latitude E4/ Mobile Precision

Try to install the software again from here: https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER01338674M/3/Network_Application_9CP1N_WN_6.5.1.4000_A02.EXE

Can you confirm if you see it in Device Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.