1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth Setting Box Won't Stay Open

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by spirittoo, Aug 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

I have a laptop running Windows 7 Pro. I'm trying to connect a bluetooth device to the laptop. It sees the device fine. The problem is when I click on the device to open the setting to connect it, the box will open for a second, then close. It acts like something is blocking it. Anyone have an idea what the problem is? I'm writing this up on a different computer, but if you need me to run the sysinfo I will when on that laptop.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Please run SysInfo.exe and then submit the log from the laptop you're having a bluetooth issue with.
    Also submit the brand name and model name and model number and serial number of that laptop.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    What is the bluetooth device? mouse, keyboard, speaker, headset? Aldo brand and model so I can look at any possible manual.

I only have 1 computer that has bluetooth and it is 64 bit Win 7 Home. I did check two different bluetooth keyboards I own with it. They paired fine. I normally use the keyboards on android.

4. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

For some strange reason I can't find the download for the sysinfo ... I clearly saw it on my desktop, but on the laptop ... I can't find it. Can you give a link?

The device is headphones by Soundlogic 2199644, AL-SH-6/1263. I have the 64bit win 7 pro. This is a Dell Latitude E5430.

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    If that laptop is a Dell Latitude E5430, it will have a 7-character "service tag/serial" number on it.
    Advise us what that exact number is.

----------------------------------------------------------------

6. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

S/N: BV76SY1

I tried some different things like checking the BIOS to make sure wireless was enable. I checked the service and made sure the bluetooth(s) in the list was started and set for automatic,

7. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

I found I needed to start a new thread in order to get the sysinfo software ... here is the results ...

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3340M CPU @ 2.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 4000 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, 1776 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 297 GB (192 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0MYF02
    Antivirus: COMODO Antivirus, Disabled

It states comodo is disable but it is enabled.

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    According to that service tag number, you have THIS Dell Latitude E5430 laptop which was purchased in October 2014 and came with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

According to its "System Configuration" and "Drivers & Downloads" sections, it has a Dell Wireless 380 Bluetooth 4.0 device.

Have you installed the Bluetooth application software driver package for it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I could not find anything for
    Soundlogic 2199644, AL-SH-6/1263.
    I then tried Soundlogic 2199644 and again got nothing.
    2199644 AL-SH-6/1263 gave pdfs files that had nothing to do with headphones.

Then I tried Amazon using "soundlogic wireless bluetooth headphones"
    https://www.amazon.com/s/?k=soundlogic+wireless+bluetooth+headphones
    there are 29 items listed. Only 5 are Soundlogic headsets and none is your model.
    If I can't find the model anywhere, I can't find a manual or a support site.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  10. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

I checked my programs that are installed in the control panel and I see there is bluetooth software installed, but it is not the dell 380 software ... it is WDCOMM bluetooth software ... could that be the problem? Should I uninstall that software and install the dell? I'll try it and see what happens.

11. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

Wellsir ... the software that was installed on the laptop was the same as the 380 I downloaded from dell. I did uninstall the software and installed the 380 ... that did the trick as far as the control box. It will stay open now. The new problem is I'm getting a failure to connect message and to make sure the device is turn on. Well it is. I tried rebooting, but that didn't help. So now I need to find out why it won't connect.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232130

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice