Bluetooth speaker is not connecting

Elenasmith

Hello all
I have sony Bluetooth speaker but I am not able to connect it with my laptop having windows 7.

TerryNet

Terry
Does the laptop have Bluetooth capability? Is it enabled? Exactly what have your tried and what goes wrong?

plodr

Liz
I know this is an old thread but I ordered and received a Sony bluetooth speaker yesterday, model SRS-XB12 and successfully paired it with my laptop running Windows 7.
1. Make sure bluetooth is on on the laptop/PC.
2. Press the on button on the speaker and the bluelight will flash indicating it is in pairing mode.
3. Open Devices and Printers and click Add a device.
4. The speaker SRS-XB12 appeared in the row above the printers.
5. I clicked on it and noticed it said connected.
(I kept this window minimized because I thought perhaps I needed to click disconnect at some point).
I did not have to enter any password/PIN though the directions said I might need to.
6. Open Control Panel then Sound. In the playback tab, change the default from the laptop/PC speaker(s) to the Sony speaker. If you skip this step, the sound will keep coming through the other speaker(s).

I started a movie and the sound was so much better than I was getting on the laptop speakers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online