1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth speaker volume help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Jim22225474, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim22225474

Jim22225474 Thread Starter

I am trying to set volume (or mute/unmute) for a wireless Bluetooth speaker in an executable file that I could set as a scheduled task so that my wireless speaker will be silent until such time as the task is run. I have a stock market analyzer running at all times but I only want to hear alerts after 4am, so I really only want my wireless speaker to have volume after 4 am. Now I’m no tech guy so let me explain what I have tried so far and maybe someone could suggest something else to try.

I have tried using executable mixer or volume programs such as Mute, Wizmo, NirCmd, QuickMix, eeePC Wave Control App, etc. Then setting them to run via Scheduled Task. This works fine for the mixers relating to all of my other sound cards but will not work on the Bluetooth mixer.

The mixer associated with the wireless speaker only changes the volume in the “Wave” fader. The “Speaker” volume or “Mute all” have no effect on the wireless speaker. And conversely all of the above executable volume programs only have access to the “Speaker” channel. (they can access other channels for other soundcard mixers but not the Wireless mixer)

Now this is pure speculation on my part, but I think the fact that the wireless speaker itself has a wireless volume control is what blocks other programs from having access to the “Wave” channel. The speaker has a USB dongle that connects it to the computer and this may be blocking other programs access.

So…any ideas? How about an exe file that opens Control Panel>Sound and Audio>Audio tab>Default devices: and changes to my wireless soundcard at 4 am everyday? This seems crazy to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and again I am a bit of a mushhead so please try and dumb down any technical answers, thanks a million.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!