Bluez on RedHat Linux 9

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nuaimat

Hi Everybody ...
i am very beginner in Linux
i just install my RH9 only before a couple months
once i was trying to install KDE Bluetooth .. and it claims that i should update the Bluez Module to a newer Version ..

well , i download a new Bluez files in a .gz format ..i extract them all and install them as described in the accompanying 'INSTALL' file ...

the KDEBluetooth didnt work .. not only this ...
a problem happened

each time i log on to my RedHat Linux .. too many errors appear on the Shell while Linux is Loading drivers for Bluez

errors like "Can't load module .."

i don't want KDEBluetooth anymore . i gave up :( all i want now is to restore my previous Version of Bluez ... i cant find it in "Add/Remove Packages"

Thanx in advance

Generally speaking when you install an application from source on Linux using make you can also uninstall it by going to the directory where you installed from (the location of the Makefile) and issuing "make uninstall". Again this is generalization it is quite possible that the Makfile you are using does not have an uninstall target.

As a side note, you'll get better Bluetooth support if you ugprade to a more recent distro like FC4, Suse 10, etc.

nuaimat

Dear linuxphile
thanx for ur reply

but i can't remember where is the path of the directory where you installed it from .. is there anyway i can know that directory

once again
thanx for ur support

I don't believe so. It /might/ be possible to download the archive again, extract and issue 'make uninstall'.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online