1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blurred dots on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SOFwhitewolf, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SOFwhitewolf

SOFwhitewolf Thread Starter

ok i recived my new monitor today and plugged it in , when i got to black scrrens somtimes i see blured white and other color dots, somtimes its text others its not, but when i put my mouse pointer over it , it goes normal,well i thought it might be dead pixels but i used my old monitor and it happens the same, it just started today so i was thinking mabey my video card. Any help would be great thanks

Also wehn i see the dots the monitor blinks on and off like its not getting a signal then comes back on

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Howdy,

Yea dead pixels stay dead

Not sure how old the PC ids but you can try re-seating your Video Card and blowing the slot out.

or re-install your Video card driver and also look for any Update drivers on the Manufactures site.

3. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

4. SOFwhitewolf

ok i just threw in an old fx5200 and ya no dots on the same pages they where on, i also updated the drivers to no avail, so i guess i will throw backin the other one and see what happens ya did test and no dead pixles

5. bonk

bonk Banned

Understood....

Let us know the outcome

6. SOFwhitewolf

well after blowing out the heatsink and socket and wiping dust from outside of it, reinstalled and no dots anymore, so i guess mabey just dust causing an error or? well problem solved :)

7. bonk

bonk Banned

Good to hear....yes dust can cause such problems sometimes

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice