Solved Blurry Display on 100% DPI

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows10isMeh

I bought a brand new acer a515-51g laptop with 940mx nvidia and intel 620 hd onboard graphics, with latest drivers. It came with linux command and I installed windows 10. The problem is everything appears blurry. Google says dpi should be lowered but its already set to 100%. Please help.
Edit: changed wrong model

Attachments

Last edited:

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Your screenshot isn't of the DPI screen but the battery state. Click on Display on the screen shown in your screenshot and make sure it is set to 100% there. And as mentioned make sure the resolution is set to maximum resolution of the laptop, such as 1920x1080 and make sure both the Intel and NVidia drivers are showing as working in Device Manager.

Also, I don't you posted the correct model number can you double check that or provide a link to it?

Windows10isMeh

Your screenshot isn't of the DPI screen but the battery state. Click on Display on the screen shown in your screenshot and make sure it is set to 100% there. And as mentioned make sure the resolution is set to maximum resolution of the laptop, such as 1920x1080 and make sure both the Intel and NVidia drivers are showing as working in Device Manager.

Also, I don't you posted the correct model number can you double check that or provide a link to it?
Thanks for replying!
Here's the screenshot of display settings. I posted a random screenshot to show my display is blurry.
This is the model. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/7244?b=1&pn=NX.GP5SI.002
Sorry I wrote the first post in a hurry. The maximum display resolution is 1366*768, I have tried to tweak various settings, adjust cleartype, reinstall drivers for Intel hd and NVidia to no avail. Both VGA devices are working well. Maybe I should try another OS and see if the display is broken?

Attachments

Last edited:
Maybe I should try another OS and see if the display is broken?
It's easy to do.

How to create a Linux Mint 9 USB Flash Drive:
  1. Download and run the "Universal USB Installer", select "Linux Mint 9" and follow the onscreen instructions.

2. Reboot your PC and set your system BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot.

3. Your computer should now boot up into your very own Live USB Linux Mint (Portable Linux Mint 9) Operating System from your flash memory stick.

That's all there is to it. Click on a browser and start surfing the 'net.
USB Linux Mint 9 Flash Drive creation essentials:
  • 2GB or Larger USB Flash Drive (Fat32 formatted)
  • Linux Mint 9 ISO
  • Universal USB Installer
Source: https://www.pendrivelinux.com/run-linux-mint-9-from-a-usb-flash-drive/#more-4263

Windows10isMeh

It's easy to do.

How to create a Linux Mint 9 USB Flash Drive:
  1. Download and run the "Universal USB Installer", select "Linux Mint 9" and follow the onscreen instructions.

2. Reboot your PC and set your system BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot.

3. Your computer should now boot up into your very own Live USB Linux Mint (Portable Linux Mint 9) Operating System from your flash memory stick.

That's all there is to it. Click on a browser and start surfing the 'net.
USB Linux Mint 9 Flash Drive creation essentials:
  • 2GB or Larger USB Flash Drive (Fat32 formatted)
  • Linux Mint 9 ISO
  • Universal USB Installer
Source: https://www.pendrivelinux.com/run-linux-mint-9-from-a-usb-flash-drive/#more-4263
Thanks! Ill try this out and get back

Windows10isMeh

It appears the problem is only in windows 10.
Display is fine in mint and win 8.
What do I do

That's rather weird ... Were they also running the screen at 1366x768?

Is Windows 10 up-to-date with all Windows Updates?

Windows10isMeh

That's rather weird ... Were they also running the screen at 1366x768?

Is Windows 10 up-to-date with all Windows Updates?
Yes, its the same display and updated windows 10. Not everything is blurry though... Sometimes largest text appears blurry. I use qbittorrent client and its taaktar icon is a bit jagged instead of smooth circle. And in-game text are also a bit blurry sometimes. Thanks for your patience. Is there anything I can do to fix this.

Windows10isMeh

"A 15.6-inch laptop with a 1366 x 768 display has a PPI of just 100, which means that photographs will look like pointillist paintings and text may remind you of the characters on a dot-matrix printout."

Why 78 Percent of Laptop Screens Suck
I play Dota 2, so does my friend. His laptops the same resolution, but my in-game text looks blurry and his crisp. I think something is definitely wrong, just dont know what. Am I doing something wrong? Should I just go back to Win 7.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online