1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blurry Monitor...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by budjev, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. budjev

budjev Thread Starter

I have a 19" Dell flat screen monitor, and is 2 years old. It has been pretty blurry for bout 4 months and its startin to drive me crazy. I have a wireless optical mouse and thats it by my computer. I never set my cell phone by my computer nore is the any other wireless devices near the computer. Would my wireless mouse cause my monitor to become blurry.
    I have had the wireless mouse for over a year as well.

1280 x 1024 res, color quality Highest (32 bit).
    My dad has the same monitor and his resolution is set the same but his monitor is crystal clear.

I have tried unplugging the monitor and replugging it in.. Looked for updated drivers that i might need and there were none.. Also took the card out and cleaned it... I also read where someone reset there Degauss in the monitor options, and i also tried that. Still no better. Anyone have any tips that i should try. Don't have access to another monitor to try right now, to see what it would look like. The only thing that i can think of that would cause it woul be the wireless mouse, but i would think they would make them to wear it would not affect your monitor since they sit by your computer the entire time. Maybe im wrong though.

Also i have inserted my desktop image with the print screen button. When i opened my desktop image in photoshop it was about half as blurry as the monitor really looks. I will say this, in the image below i can actually tell what time it is, on my monitor i can not even tell what one number is... The numbers are so blurry you can't tell what one number is.. I guess if you see my desktop image clear and i don't maybe that could help out on what the problem is.
    Any help greatly appreciative.

http://www.geocities.com/jev_vankirk/desktop.jpg[​IMG]

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi budjev
    I would then try the monitor out on your dads computer and see how it looks there. It could be that the monitor is going bad. Also make sure that you arn't using any kind of extension cables on the monitor. BOL

3. budjev

budjev Thread Starter

dads computer is an hour n half drive away, and i don't have another monitor to try right now or i would have tried that.

Can you tell me the pic of my desktop, is it clear on your monitor?? B/c like i said, its blurry in the pic but its 5 times blurrier looking at the monitor.. I hope this kinda make sense.. thanks

4. n2gun

n2gun

looks crystal clear on mine

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Almost certainly a monitor focus problem, and the cause could be a failing component within the monitor.

There will probably be a focus control internally, but it's usually at 25,000 volts so DIY is not recommended unless you really know what you are doing.

6. Dougj

Dougj

a Dell monitor should have warranty left on it????? Best to send it in for repair if you do still have coverage. Call Dell.

good luck....d.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/315244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice