1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blurry Monitor??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by holtzmjh, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. holtzmjh

holtzmjh Thread Starter

I recently purchased an older computer. When I turned it on the screen was blurry. I thought it was the monitor but when I tried hooking up a monitor I was using on another computer it was still blurry. When I hooked up the new monitor it didn't seem to be as blurry as the one that came with the computer but was still noticeably blurry. I guess what I am asking is, can the video card possibly be causing the blurriness? Thanks for the help!

2. brianF

brianF

You may want to try and find new updated video drivers for the video card and hope that clears it up.

3. holtzmjh

holtzmjh Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply BrianF!! I believe it is an old generic video card but I have a video card from another computer I upgraded that I will try installing in my new computer and see if there is any improvement. Thanks again!

4. deuce

deuce

So are you saying you used the monitor on a different computer, or the computer on a different monitor? Worst case senerio the memory on the video card could be going bad... I don't think it could get much worse, and decent vid cards are too expensive. It also could very likely be the drivers. Hope those will work for ya. :)

5. grines

grines

I had a blurry monitor, actually it blurred then went clear off and on during my computer use. It was super annoying! Hey, someone told me to move my speakers away from my monitor it they were close by.
    Guess what? My speakers were sitting directly on either side of my monitor. I moved them and the problem went away!!
    Amazing but true. My screen is perfectly clear. I almost went out and bought a new monitor!!

6. rysz

rysz

Bought two monitors year ago, have them side by side since then,used only one since then, recently turned on unused one and after 10 minutes it went BLURRY ! everything is OK color etc. but it looks like out of focus camera, smallest print can not be read. The used monitor is perfect. I was checking out what is happening when a monitor is being turned on, well,
    if I turn one on or off, the other screen blinks ! this must be the reason for this problem, but any one knows how to fix this ? The monitors are identical Samsung 955DF
    Thank you Wise Ones !

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/67682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice