BMP Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

freddie

Can anyone plese tell me how to chanes BMP files to GIF or JPEG files??? I am runing windows 98se

Miz

Just open them in any graphic editing software (Paint will save as jpg, not sure about gif) then go to File>Save As, in the drop-down list to the right of "Save file as type" choose the format you want to save it, name it and click the Save button.

If you don't have a graphics program then you can download a good one at irfanview.com ;)

Then choose Save as and save as any format that you need ;)

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Freddie:

Download and install IRFANVIEW 3.85. It's a great freebie program for reducing the size of images and for converting them from BMP to JPG format. (y)

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

Irfanview works just fine for coverting images, changing sizes and a few other things.

:p heh heh heh. I'm also gonna try XnView that was recommended in "another forum" you posted in :D after I'm done visiting my favorite forums, although this forum has the best group folks I've seen. It never hurts to check all resources. Lot's of folks out there with lots of stuff to share. (y)

http://www.xnview.com/

Hi Freddie,

Open a BMP file, or open Mspaint,
click on file top left,
click on save as,
in the 'save as' box there is a bit called 'save as type'
click on its little drop down arrow,
If you can see jpeg among the choices, there you are,
if you cannot, then theres a set of instructions
for including a range of choices.

I got lost among the instructions when i tried it,
so i wish you the best of luck,
John :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online