1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bogus emails with odd content

Discussion in 'General Security' started by pcguy9441, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcguy9441

pcguy9441 Thread Starter

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm getting a blitz of odd emails from my daughter. The TO: and SUBJ: fields are blank and the email body contains the following:

sometimes just RESET, sometimes just QUIT, sometimes both. Never anything else in the email. They come in blasts of 8 or 10 at a time. Over past 14 hrs (last night) I had 20 or 30 of them in a row.

She's using Surewest in Nor Cal and no report yet on what they have to say, if anything. Other users in my household who are in her address book are not getting these. So here's the question. Is it possible it's all on my end? could her email addr have been lifted from my Outlook contact list and spoofed so the emails I get look like they are comming from her?

And what's the deal with these commands? look like commands to control a botnet.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1051968