1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bombarded with spam

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by KLT, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KLT

KLT Thread Starter

I very rarely get any spam in my email. But the last 2 days I'm being bombarded with emails all are from different address's. They have is no subject title and all just say "QUIT" in the message. I have run scans with Ad_Aware, and my AVG Anti-virus scans every day, neither have found anything. They are coming in about every 3 minutes, so far today alone I have deleted over 200. I am using Incredimail for my email.
    I would appreciate any help and suggestions to stop garbage.

Here is a sample

Date: 06/04/2010 3:37:42 PM
    To: undisclosed-recipients:,

QUIT

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Who is your email provider? Maybe their spam filter has stopped working..its the only thing that stops all of us from getting that kind of spam.

The from field can be forged, if it is not, then the email is being sent from the servers for this site, which may have been hacked to serve spam to the world.

http://www.cemig.com.br/index_ing.asp

you might be able to set a spam filter to block any email from [email protected], if most of them are from this address.

3. helpful

helpful

Attempt to find the sender from the internet headers. The last line Receving From: will show the originator ip address.

Afterwords, contact the isp of the originator ip address and send some samples of the spam messages, but I would not hold my breath on the spam stopping.

4. KLT

KLT Thread Starter

Mumbodog/ Helpful
    Thanks for your response. I have checked the IP Address's on several they are all different I don't have a single one the same. Maybe I should contact Telus my service provider.

FYI
    since my first post I have received another 19 emails like this.

5. helpful

helpful

The spammers could be using a proxy network to send the spam, or a bot net.

You can always try contacting your email provider to see if they can add acl rules to block the spam.

6. KLT

KLT Thread Starter

I will, thanks Helpful

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice