1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bonzibuddy popup problem

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by merlvyn, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlvyn

merlvyn Thread Starter

when i use internet explorer, no matter which site i go a bonzibuddy popup will appear. my browser and the popups cant be closed by clicking the X at the top right hand corner. i even tried pressing alt+F4 but still cant close it. internet explorer then bcomes very slow(freezing). wat can i do to overcome ths problem?

2. tpb

tpb

First, look in Add/Remove programs and see if it is listed and uninstall it. Then download and run spybot.

Download Spybot - Search & Destroy

http://beam.to/spybotsd

After installing, go to the Online tab, and search for and install all updates.

Next, go to the Settings tab > File Sets,and uncheck System Internals, Usage Tracking and Tracks.uti. These settings are not needed at the moment and you can always consult the "Help" files if you want to experiment later on.

Finally, after closing down Internet Explorer, hit 'Check for Problems', and have SpyBot remove all it finds. (If the scan has found something, the list will show it.)

There are three basic kinds of results:

Red entries indicate spyware problems that should be fixed to avoid security and/or privacy problems. This is the only kind of problem that is preselected to be fixed.

Black entries are system internals. If you do not know what they mean, I would suggest that you leave these alone and visit the support forum for more information.

Green entries indicate usage tracks. It can do no harm to remove these.

NOTE: SSD will sometimes not be able to remove all active components in the first 'run'. In that case you will get a dialog asking you to run SSD at next start. Click yes and reboot.
    SSD will activate before the system puts these components 'in use', and it will then be able to 'fix' the rest.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice