1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Book(s) on Data Recovery

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Wakenaam, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wakenaam

Wakenaam Thread Starter

My Friends: My PC recently went through a series of crashes because of overheating and bad cables, leaving me with huge chunks of data loss. Could someone suggest a good book(s) on data recovery? Google shows lots but I prefer to buy one recommended by a forum member. Windows XP. Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I am really not sure that a "book" would be helpful, as each technique would depend on the data recovery software you intend to use. The help files for that software should suffice. I doubt there is a book that covers the multitude of software available, and Windows XP has no inbuilt data recovery application.

The basic principle you need to apply in the future is that any data that only exists on your hard drive is data that you do not care about losing. You should always have at least 2 copies of important data on other than the hard drive (USB memory key, CD-R, external hard drive etc).

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Data recovery is performed using software. A book would be of no use. There are hundreds of threads here that discuss this topic. You can use the search feature to find them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543279

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice