Bookmarks Bar Extension Advice

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IanRM2005

Hi

I have Windows 7 Professional & I'm using Vivaldi as my main browser, but after reading about it in Webuser magazine I've downloaded Avast Secure Browser and I'm trying to get going with it, just to see if it's any faster than Vivaldi, which, on my machine at least, can slow to a crawl and lock up my PC at times.

Avast uses most Google Chrome extensions as it's based on Chromium and I'm looking for an extension that will narrow my bookmarks on the bookmarks bar to just an icon so I can fit more on. Vivaldi appears to do this without an extension but Avast won't. I've installed 'Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar' but it's not working, despite me saving the settings and restarting Avast several times.

Are there any other extensions that will do this in Chrome, please, or is there a way to get Avast to do this on it's own (I have a vague recollection of one browser I have used in the past having an option to remove text from Bookmark bar buttons)?

Thanks for your help,

Ian.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online