Bookmarks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MARGBELL

YELLOW I AM USING WINDOW XP HOME EDITION AND NETSCAPE 7.2 I HAVE LOST MY COMPLETE BOOKMARKS. HOW DO I RECOVER THEM

If at some point you happened to use Internet Explorer as your default browser you could look to C:\Documents and Settings\"YOUR ACCOUNT NAME"\Favorites

if there are any favorites to be had they would be there

you can also use Netscape's built-in favorite importing "wizard" by clicking on "Bookmarks"--->Manage Bookmarks then clicking on Tools-----> IMport and browsing to the aforementioned folder C:\Documents and Settings\"YOUR ACCOUNT NAME"\Favorites and manually adding the Internet Explorer's favorites to Netscrape's own.

once again, this is only if you at some point used Internet Explorer as your default browser, as any bookmarks you may have made in Netscrape will have most likely been lost, as they are both stored locally and both browsers store them in different ways and locations.

As for "recovering" lost bookmarks due to deletion or otherwise, I know of no easy way to accomplish this, other than some intense undeleting and file-recovery utilities.

Most of the Bigger name browsers have an import/export function which makes syncing favorites between different browsers a piece of cake, the export function is especially handy in terms of backing up your list of fav sites. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online