1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Books showing in Cloud on my Kindle Paperwhite

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dougglos, Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    I tend not to keep books that I have read and finished with on my Kindle Paperwhite, so always click on "Remove from Device". This is duly completed, but when I look under "Cloud" I see dozens of these deleted/unwanted books. I have searched for a way to remove these from Cloud, without success. Going to the suggested Amazon website and trying to remove these via my Amazon account gives no help to me. Am I destined to have all these unwanted items permanently there, or is there a sure means of removing them?

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Those shown in in your Amazon Kindle Cloud account are the items that belong to you. You paid for them and they're yours ... forever.

3. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Fine - but if I don't want them any more, are you saying that I am stuck with them for always?!!

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I have heard that you can sell them, but do not know how?

6. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Perhaps I am not explaining myself correctly, as all the suggestions so far are letting me know how to delete books which show under "My Device" on my Kindle Paperwhite. To try to make it simpler. it also shows a long list of books under "Cloud". Whilst I can easily remove books under the "On Device" list I am no further to getting a means of removing those showing under "Cloud" !

7. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    I'm not sure why you'd want to permanently delete books you bought. It's not like physical books that take up space in your house. I like to read some books twice.

You should be able to log into your Amazon account, go to Manage Your Content and Devices, and delete stuff.

8. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    If you read my post #6, it clearly states "I can easily remove books under the "On Device" list". So from your last post I guess that you don't know the answer to my original post either? Why I'd want to delete books permanently is not the question!

9. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    As far as I know, it can't be done.

The cloud is where Amazon keeps all of your purchases. If they allowed items to be deleted, they would have to provide support for those that removed stuff on accident.

If you want confirmation, contact Amazon support (phone, chat, or email).

10. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    I provided info that should work. I'm not going to actually click the DELETE button because I don't want to delete books I bought.

Log into your Amazon account in a browser, and delete the books. You can't do it from your Kindle.

11. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    On your computer, open Amazon.com in a web browser and log in to your account.
    Hover your mouse over Account & Lists at the top. This will show a drop down menu.
    From that menu, select Manage Your Content and Devices.
    You’ll see a list of all your books that are in the Cloud and/or on your devices. Find the book(s) you want to delete.
    Click to check the box to the left of the title you want to remove.
    Click Delete near the top.

12. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Sorry for delay in responding - have been away for a few days holiday!

I have followed the steps suggested in your latest post, but when I get to "Manage Your Content and Devices", the only books showing are the few that are on my device, and none show as on the Cloud. The strange thing is that while only these few are showing, a large number of previously downloaded books appear in Cloud on my Kindle. As a result your suggested means of deleted these cannot be effected!

13. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Sorry, last post should have ended with "means of deleting these cannot be effected" !

14. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Since we have no direct access to Amazon services, as mentioned above, recommend contacting Amazon support for further assistance.

15. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I don't own a Kindle. I use the Kindle app on android devices.
    I'm only concerned about removing books from my tablet. I really don't care what Amazon chooses to store on their server in the cloud. I might decide to re-read a book several years from now so I don't want it removed.

My advice is the same as SpywareDR - contact Amazon for Kindle support.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!