1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Books !!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ClipperJack, Nov 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ClipperJack

ClipperJack Thread Starter

There seem to be many places to host this question, but here goes....

I am looking for books that explain what things like Threads are. What is a "Working Set", what are "Private Bytes"..... etc. I can look up the definition of such, but what are they for and what do they do? Books like "Upgrading and Repairing PC's" over the years have offered a bunch if info, yet books like "How Computers Work" are too basic, and ones like the "Winternals" offerings are great for getting to know about the Sysinternals package of utilities, but they merely presume you are a helluva grad ! Lol... Any help along these lines would be appreciated... thanks!!!!

2. johnmaina0416

johnmaina0416

Hi have you tried any book related to SQL like MySql for dummies? You should take a look on any sql book to build the foundations first.

3. ClipperJack

Thank you for the reply! I will do that..... thanks again... !

On the other hand, SQL being what it is, are you being facetious..?? If so, That's a good one !!! Lol...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  4. johnmaina0416

johnmaina0416

No am serious Lol am not being facetious. I had suggested that book because i have used it when i had troubles with creating databases and linking them to my website.

5. johnmaina0416

johnmaina0416

The book is called"Php,Mysql,Javascript, HTML5 all in one for dummies

6. ClipperJack

I thought you might be encouraging me to get off by back end and look stuff up... lol... which I do... Threads, Working Sets, Private Bytes I am referring to the technical tags (and many others) used in various programs like Sysinternals "Process Explorer" among others.... Once again though, thanks for the reply! I have messed around with programming over the years myself a bit, but nothing to any real extent... I have had a real interest in Python and want to get into it..... before I get much older...... The first language I had any real desire for was.... Atari Basic ! ...... ANYWAY, the best to you and your endeavors.... have a good one and a Happy Thanksgiving...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice