1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boost Internet performance

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by INeedGmail!!, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. INeedGmail!!

INeedGmail!! Thread Starter

My Internet browses pretty quick, I have no complaints. But when I use the computer to view charts in real time it lags sometimes. Now i know its not my internet because on this one god of a laptop (5 years old) the charts never lag. My internet is 5mbps cable, and i use a usb 2.4ghz wifi receiver on the desktop i prefer to view my charts on . the desktop is very fast and fresh, i recently rebooted, and everything runs quick. How else can i increase the performance of my browser, perhaps allocate more focus on the browser without causing instability.I want it to drain my modem, and provide the fastest data it can, because it is vital those charts are functioning at their best.

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

Plugging it into the modem will most likely improve connection performance . Where are the charts located ? Local network or http site or ftp ? The server's connection and load will have a major bearing too .

3. INeedGmail!!

the chart uses java and opens up a new window, which doesnt include an address bar or anything, i think its called a java applet. it loads an applet that comes up with trust and dont trust options, and the top header of the window says https://bllahblah.com.

I dont think its their server, but how can i find out how fast their server is operating?

4. INeedGmail!!

my pc doesnt have an ethernet jack for me to direct connect it, i had to emove it because it was causing conflicts .. long story, so i use a usb adapter. is there an alternative or another way to get an ethernet jack without conflicts. or even a usb---ethernet reciever, so i can plug into ethernet which plugs into the computer.

5. Hughv

Hughv

An ethernet connection would improve your speed, and any conflicts should be easy enough to resolve (Next time, just disable this hardware in Device Manager rather than remove it).

6. INeedGmail!!

Thanks for your responses. Is there anything I can do on the PC to improve the performance of java applets? maybe allocate more resources to them?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice