1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

boost video performance?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sdp3501, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sdp3501

sdp3501 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Shawn
    I recently installed a PNY tnt-2 32 meg video card on a system with a 200mhz pentium. i realize that, to get the performance i am looking for, the processor isnt quite as fast as it should be, and that a 64 meg videocard is preferable.
    my question is, are there any tweaks to boost the video performance, ie. limiting sound, etc..

i have 256 megs of ram and am running win98.
    the isssue is with the game Vietnam-Black Ops and it says it recommends 16 meg. still some choppiness while playing, and reducing the screen size helps a little.

happy new year!

oh yeah...i downloaded the patch from the game from the mfr website.

2. brianF

brianF

3. sdp3501

sdp3501 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Shawn
    thanks again. im glad you answered as you know pretty much where im at on this!

4. brianF

brianF

Other things

1. use control alt delete to close everything except systray and explorer before running the game.
    2. Set sound to min settings, most compatible, etc.
    3. Lower resoloution and color depth
    4. Turn off some of the eyecandy options in the ingame menu's.

that card just doesn't have the horsepower of the mx400 pci I pointed you too

The m64 only has a 64bit pipeline I believe unlike the tnt2's which have a 128 bit, allows for faster graphics transfers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice