boost video performance?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sdp3501

Shawn
I recently installed a PNY tnt-2 32 meg video card on a system with a 200mhz pentium. i realize that, to get the performance i am looking for, the processor isnt quite as fast as it should be, and that a 64 meg videocard is preferable.
my question is, are there any tweaks to boost the video performance, ie. limiting sound, etc..

i have 256 megs of ram and am running win98.
the isssue is with the game Vietnam-Black Ops and it says it recommends 16 meg. still some choppiness while playing, and reducing the screen size helps a little.

happy new year!

oh yeah...i downloaded the patch from the game from the mfr website.

sdp3501

Shawn
thanks again. im glad you answered as you know pretty much where im at on this!

Other things

1. use control alt delete to close everything except systray and explorer before running the game.
2. Set sound to min settings, most compatible, etc.
3. Lower resoloution and color depth
4. Turn off some of the eyecandy options in the ingame menu's.

that card just doesn't have the horsepower of the mx400 pci I pointed you too

The m64 only has a 64bit pipeline I believe unlike the tnt2's which have a 128 bit, allows for faster graphics transfers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online