1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot and Login Problems - Windows 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Trillabee, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trillabee

Trillabee Thread Starter

Hi,
    I wonder if someone can help. Yesterday I booted up my computer and it was extremely slow. It took 20-30 mins to boot. It seems fine up until the windows load bar is finished, then it creaks to a halt and the windows start up to the login screen are ridiculously slow. Then, when it eventually gets there and an attempt to login is made it says that the domain that I logged in is unavailable and won't let me log in. The problem is that the domain it belongs to is associated with that pc so I don't know how it can be unavailable. I can't work out whether this problem is a software problem or whether some hardware has gone kaput.

Please could someone assist me diagnose this and point me in the right direction to resolve it.
    Thanks for all your help
    Trillabee

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice