boot cd drivers?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

d2981

where can i find the driver files, to load, the cd-rom on a bootable cd i am creating

you generally don't need to. if the bios supports booting from cd then the eide interface will handle everything for you.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
The OAKCDROM.SYS driver on the 98 boot disk is a generic one and MSCDEX.EXE is also for all CDs

Originally posted by d2981:
where can i find the driver files, to load, the cd-rom on a bootable cd i am creating
If your PC can't boot from the cd-rom, putting the boot files on the CD won't help? If you want the cd to run automatically have a look at this site. or do a google search for autorun.ini.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online