1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot disk failure, please insert disc and press enter

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Andy_Social, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy_Social

Andy_Social Thread Starter

This black screen appeared after starting up my pc. I ran my windows repair cd and 'no hard disk' appeared. I checked in my bios and my HD is not showing up. I have checked and reseated the cables with no success. I also extracted my Hd and hooked it up to a USB adapter and it did not show up at all. I hear power to the HD but can't seem to get to the data. I have a years worth of photos on there and need to get it working again. Any suggestions?

2. Andy_Social

Andy_Social Thread Starter

It is a Compaq presario, amd athlon 64, witha a seagate barracuda 7200.9 120 gb HD.

3. Valent

Valent

My best bet is that the HD has died. Try avoid powering the hard drive, as if it is damaged, each spin could equal to data loss/curruption.
    if that is the case,
    your options are only to purchase a new HD.

For the files on the old HD, you can try and get the filed recovered, but it is costly. Cant say ive tried this myself, buy they do exist and as far as i know at a high price.
    http://www.rapid-data.net/

Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice