Boot disk failure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

canwin49

My hard drive can be auto detected in CMOS setup, but it will not boot from the hard drive:Error says "Boot disk failure". I used my start-up disk and used FDISK to either format or create a partition or logical drive Error says"Cannot access drive 1". All this happen when I moved the hard to a different mother board I bought. I am at the point of buying a new hard drive if this problem cannot be solved :confused:

Can you stick the HDD in a different PC and run FDISK from there? Some really strange things happen when trying to run a HDD from one MB to another. There is probably nothing wrong with the HDD. It and the new MB are just not getting along because of the other MB drivers left on it. Good luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online