1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot disk with mouse for ghost

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by vivienne, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vivienne

vivienne Thread Starter

Hi

I was hoping that someone could help me. I have Norton Ghost 2003. I made a boot disk that works on one of my computers but does not have a mouse on the new one with Sata drives (not in raid formation). I did a Google search and found a suggestion to make a start up disk that lets you use a mouse and then add ghost.exe. I then searched for such a disk and downloaded a few that sounded promising but none of them came with mouse capabilities. (I am sure that they actually do but that I just don't know how to set it up).
    Please can someone tell me how to set up such a disk or offer any other suggestion?

Thanks!!!

Vivienne

2. killah

killah

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

This boot floppy loads a mouse driver. Just edit autoexec.bat so that the default program doesn't load, remove the default program to create more space on the floppy, and then put your ghost executable on it.

www.madboot.com

4. killah

killah

ohh, madboot...yah, thats another good floppy bootdisk :)

5. iRichard

iRichard

You may try getting pcdos /msdos mouse driver (mouse.com) by adding into your bootdisk.

Adding a line into Autoexec.bat
    ========================
    Mouse.com

* if you need the mouse driver can email to me with title "Mouse"

Done.
    :)

6. killah

killah

just curious...why do ya need a mouse on the boot disk?
    I dont use Ghost anymore....I got hooked on TrueImage

7. iRichard

iRichard

killah,
    You said you don't use Ghost anymore and use TrueImage. Any suggestion on it? So far I use Ghost it give perfect result and so far no question ask on it.

By adding mouse on Ghost, it useful while adjusting the partition size before cloning.
    :)

8. vivienne

vivienne Thread Starter

Hi Elvandil

I downloaded it but now do not know what to do!!!! What autoexec.bat file ? It is not on the floppy??? I have no idea what I'm doing. :-( Can you explain step by step? I'm so sorry to put you through this but I would so appreciate your help.

Thank you!!

Vivienne

ps Thanks Killah for your suggestion as well. I'm going to try this one first as I thought it looked less difficult but I'm not doing too well. I need a mouse to browse for a ghost file.

And to Richard: The ghost floppy does have mouse.com on it but it still doesn't work. :-(

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice