1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Boot error 0xc000000e

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MissMinerva, Apr 19, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. MissMinerva

MissMinerva Thread Starter

Info first:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 7156 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 914 GB (847 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Acer, Aspire M3970
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled and Updated

I feel like I'm home again. Been awhile. Acer was bought new in 2012. Last few years checking HDD, says I have two bad sectors. But, never had problems. Just scared to death by everyone screaming "You're HDD is dying, change it ASAP!". Well I don't know how to do that and live on small social security check now. I did buy a SSD last year but, had a stroke and there went my computer smarts.

Last week I had a puter guy come and install the SSD. Worked fine for a couple days and then this:
    upload_2019-4-19_15-53-41.jpeg

I had been looking around in services cuz I saw AEOMI-whatever was running in task mgr. That's what he used to clone HDD. Needed OS. No disk. He didn't explain anything about that program and I checked it from auto to manual. Also may have spazzed on something with right click. Don't really know. Just know that I suddenly got above screen and was stuck on it.

I now have an ISO file for Win 7 home premium on desktop. I copied it to flash, since I have no disks. Plugged it in and booted but, same old error screen. I'm not comfortable playing around in BIOS. Was hoping using the USB would result in the simple instructions in error screen. Right.....

After I got the error and the puter guy totally blew off an appt we had to fix that, I just went back to my old but true HDD. Using that now. And that's where things stand. I don't have the confidence I used to when it comes to this type of puter fixing. Old now, too. Have a dream of some magical software that will do this for me. Or someone doing a remote fix. Microsoft did a remote to get me the ISO file. I apologize for length. I hope for an easy fix (easy for me at least). Been trying to figure this out for a week and just getting more insane each day.

Not so worried about current HDD dying suddenly. Paid $200 for this guy to clone to SSD and I'm not gonna flush a month's worth of food money just yet.

Any help is appreciated. If I'm sunk. let me know. And no. I can't afford a new computer. Just tired of thinking.....

J

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

The ISO drive image needs to be specially 'burnt' to a USB memory stick, not just copied onto it. You need to download ISOBurn and use it to make the USB memory stick.

Insert the USB into the computer jack and find the key to go into BIOS. It could be DEL, F2, or some other key. Read the screen as it boots up to see which key it is. Reboot several times if needed be to read the screen. Once in the BIOS, you need to find a Boot menu, or Boot Priority or Boot Sequence setting and make the USB memory stick boot up first.

3. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

After the "guy" finished the cloning and installed the SSD, Windows will definitely have said it need to reboot in order to finish setting up the new hardware. Do you remember him doing that?
    He should, in fact, have not only done that; but further shut the PC down, turning it back on to verify it still booted correctly.
    If he didn't do BOTH of those, you don't know if he really finished the job you paid him for and all it would take is a Windows Update causing a reboot to put you where you are now.

4. MissMinerva

Had to order new USB drive. Have to wait for it. ISOBurn wouldn't let me 'burn' it to flash drive. Or I didn't do it right. Very slow going. I also don't understand choosing "write". May have been at ISOBurn or another one I tried. One step at a time. Will have new USB later this week. Thanks much!

5. MissMinerva

It worked just fine for a few days, as I said in OP. May have been something I did. I just don't know. He owns a computer repair shop not far from me and also teaches computer science at a local college. I pretty much had to trust him. His place got great reviews.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice