1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot Error & Blank Monitor

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by certax, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. certax

certax Thread Starter

A couple of days ago, power was abruptly cut from my room, which ended up damaging my PC with the error code 0xc0000098. I know I need a boot repair disk to repair it, and I stupidly ordered another one not knowing that I had one the entire time. Now when I turn on my PC, it turns on but the monitor is blank (I think it was damaged 2-ish days from today?). At one point I was able to make it work, but I was unable to use the windows key or access settings, use Cortana, the Windows search box, etc.

On a side note, I never activated my Windows because I never received my activation code. Unfortunately, I don't have any specs of the hardware. The only thing I remember is that the graphics card is the GeForce GTX 960.

2. Nukegod

Nukegod

I've faced similar problems before, try another display, Try going to your bios, if you hear a beep when you go into bios or anything then it's a display problem, if you take off your panel and check I think around the bottom right, there should be a little speaker, looks like a small pinhole camera with two wires coming out of it, follow the wires to where it's plugged in and see if you can read where it's plugged in, it should say speaker that's what you need to make sure you have. If you have speakers or headset make sure they are on and connected by aus wire when you turn it on try it I will check this thread later

3. certax

certax Thread Starter

Unfortunately I don't have another display, my speakers are working fine too. Shouldn't be a problem though since they aren't connected to my monitor but they're connected to my PC.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice