Boot error with Windows 8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheShape74

Hi,

I recently bought a brand new Toshiba laptop with Windows 8. I have had it a week and everything has been great with it. However, this evening when I came home, and I hit the power button to turn it on, a message came up almost immediatly. No splash screen or 'Toshiba' welcome screen with the usual 'Enter bios' option. It was a blue box on my black screen that said 'Recovery of the hard disk is about to begin.' I had the option to choose yes or no and chose no. I then re-hit the power button and poof...it booted up normally. I went in to the Event Viewer' under 'System' category, but it wasn't mentioned in there. Any ideas? I have restarted 2 or 3 times without the error. Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

dai

you are not likely to find system errors listed in windows as the problem appears to be with the bios/mboard

i think you will end up making a warranty claim on it

TerryNet

Terry
I have restarted 2 or 3 times without the error.
A restart is not the same as a shutdown and then a power on after the entire computer has cooled to room temperature.

The problem could have just been a glitch that you will never see again. But you should try to duplicate the original conditions several times. You may find that dai's prediction of a warranty claim is right on.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online