1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

boot error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DuO, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DuO

DuO Thread Starter

hello all,

i recently built my own gaming system and it was running fine for a while. when i installed xp for the first time it seemed to install twice, probly my fault ofr trying it twice (dont ask) at boot it allowned me to choose one (i have and ide and a sata hdd) and boot into the windows on it. i recently tryed to install linux. i shouldnt have messed around becasue now after i repartitioned my hdds and riensatalled windows wenever i boot without the install cd in i get "dsik boot error please instert system disk and press enter" or something very close to that. if i boot with the windows install cd in i just dont press enter wen it says press enter to boot from cd and it will load windows fine. it is an upgrade cd but i first installed my parents xp home then "upgraded" to this copy of xp home so they can keep theirs. any way i can boot without the cd in? could it be a bios battery, someone said that was a possibility.

thanks

2. telegramsam

telegramsam

Probably best to zero fill the drives and start over.

Use killdisk or darin's boot and nuke.

3. DuO

DuO Thread Starter

ok ye thats wat i was thinking i will do this weekend altho it seems like i already did that yesterday by reformation everything. i'll try it with these products tho, are they free or where can i get them?

thanks

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You posted three duplicate threads on the same issue. Please don't do that again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice