1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot & Format serious problems!! PLZ Help!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by x-poison, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. x-poison

x-poison Thread Starter

After i did a fresh format few months ago, the computer started playing funny. It started to turn itself on an off rearly and then more offen until it would turn itself off and on again seconds after i will turn it on. Then it started to give me a chance to use 1 or 2 IE pages but if i used more or any other app it would do it.

I checked the temp on BIOS health check and all the funs are working fine.
    Recently it has started to freeze on boot screen, it will stop there and go no further.

I tried to format but it will freeze at a certain stage, so it wont let me.
    Pleaze help me i cannot live without my pc and all my hard work i have on the hard drive and i cannot afford another pc.

Thanx guys!

2. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

I would strongly recomend copying any important info you have on that drive onto CD's or another HDD if you have one.

It sounds very similar to a problem I had where my machine would lock up and freeze at random points, I also noticed a strange electronic bleep-bloop noise coming from inside my machine, a month or two later all of sudden my machine wouldnt boot, until I removed my second HDD then it booted fine, but my second HDD was bust completely.

So to me it sounds like your HDD may be on it's way out.

3. x-poison

x-poison Thread Starter

Thank you for your info. im extremely stressed. i have the work of over for years in there, at a cost of around £12k-£15k

4. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html

Go here download Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware SE
    UPDATE them both and do a scan getting rid of all they find

Do a scan with Housecall and Panda

After doing ALL the above

Download Hujack This 1.99.0 Do a scan and post the log here please

5. Old Rich

Old Rich

and . . BACK UP YOUR DATA!

all drives fail sometime . . some sooner . . some later . . but they all fail . .

Data not backed up is data waiting to be lost.

wrs

6. x-poison

x-poison Thread Starter

The thing is, i can not go anyfurther than boot screen, it freezes there. windows dont load. I cant format ither.

i bought a new HDD and when i started formating it i was freezing on different points until after lots of tryes windows installed there but i dont need the new HDD, i need my old HDD with all my data.

Any ideas?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice