1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

boot freeze xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by goiter, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goiter

goiter Thread Starter

after reinstalling xp and updating and restarting till all updates were done the computer wont boot. For some reason it still has xp home in the boot selection menu, but i know this is invalid...i select xp pro and the screen freezes, if i try to boot from the xp cd again it hangs at "inspecting your computer hardware" screen. I tried a different harddrive, reseated the ram, swapped keyboards incase a key was stuck, switched ide cables, reset the bios, tried a different cd drive to boot from but i cant boot from cd or harddrive it just freezes, i've don this dozens of times and never seen this before........Help!

2. goiter

goiter Thread Starter

I am going to reply to my own thread, i had an external drive hooked up to transfer some files over, i inplugged this and it booted up. Sometimes it's so simple.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537022

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice