Boot from a cd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ustacp

I am new to the mac world and need to know how to boot from a cd. I am trying to install knoppix onto this imac someone gave me. Thanks.

Put disc in cd rom tray/slot, and hold down the "C" key while booting up.
I didn't realize there was a version of knoppix, for the mac. I have it for my pc, and it runs from the disc..................
Good luck! :)

ustacp

Oh gees that's right, it probably wont work because it is a windows disk. :( What's a good version of linux for a mac? Well, at least I know how to boot from a cd now. Thanks for your help.

I think there is a version of Red Hat linux for the mac. It started out being free. Don't know if it still is or not..........
Good luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online