Boot from CD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Highlander330

I'm sure this is an oldie- but AFTER SETTING BIOS TO BOOT FROM CD-ROM, I can't get a boot from any of my DVD's or CD's. Specifically, I wanted to try a LIVE Linux. In the past, I have had this ability- any help will be appreciated.

Do you get an option to select a boot device on the screen. Sometimes this needs to be done as well.

Highlander330

Bob Cerelli said:
Do you get an option to select a boot device on the screen. Sometimes this needs to be done as well.
Thanks, Bob
Actually, I never get the chance- it performs a regular boot. Last nite I tried with the old internal Plextor (CD only) and the live Linux came up. However, the external DVD unit (using IEEE 1394) doesn't respond. I shud have given this info on first post.

So if with a different CD drive it works, it sounds like the problem is with the original one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts