Boot from CDRW CD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hasamba

Hi All,

i made some rescue cd's on cdrw (cause i want to update the virus definition from time to time and i don't want to waste a cdr every time), the cd boots ok only from the cdrw drive and not from the cdrom (ofcourse that bootable cdr's boots ok).

Doesnt cdrw cd's should act exctacly like normal cd's? or have i done something wrong?

Thanks
Yaniv

btw-I'm Hoping it's the right forum for this question, i couldnt decide if its more "Hardware" or more "operating system" related

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Your Normal CD reader will not read CDRW disks that have not been closed/finalised. What you should do is write the CDRW as a normal CDR. You can then re-use it next time.

hasamba

Originally posted by DaveBurnett:
Your Normal CD reader will not read CDRW disks that have not been closed/finalised.
The CDRW was finalised and the cdrom does read it but doesnt boot from it!

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
I just wrote a bootable CD on a CDRW using NTI and it worked OK with me. I'll try it with Nero, and I'll try the same CD with different readers.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Right:
Tried CD creared in NTI in several machines. Where the CD reader was new enough to be able to read the CD, it was recognised as bootable.
ditto when created from Nero

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online