1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot from sata card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Audioman1, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Audioman1

Audioman1 Thread Starter

I just got a W.D. Raptor 10.000 rpm sata drive to install my O/S on, and then found out I didn't have a sata plug on my board so i sent for a SATA card and wire, Is there a way to set up my PC to boot from the Raptor Drive? I have Awards bio's The board does support SATA drives.

ABS Awesome 3300
    AMD Barton 2600
    1280 mgs Ram
    XP Home sp-1
    - Gigabyte GA-7N400-L nForce2 Ultra400 Dual Channel DDR
    - Albatron GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR DVI/TV-out
    - Leadtek "EXPERT" PCI TV/FM Tuner Card with Remote
    - Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 24-bit Plat.Pro. &
    Logitech Z-680 5.1 Surround Speaker Set

Thank You

2. PaveFE

PaveFE

Try setting up your bios to boot up the drive first. Although, if your installing your OS for the first time on it, then you may want to set up the bios to start with your cd-rom first. However, there may be some other smarter people who can help you to if that doesn't work.

3. Audioman1

Audioman1 Thread Starter

These are the boot Options
    Floppy
    LS120
    HDD-0
    SCSI
    CDROM
    HDD-1
    HDD-2
    HDD-3

Do U think it will add another option when i install it, I will leave XP home on my other drive, in case i can't boot from the Raptor, I have 2 other HD's

4. PaveFE

PaveFE

If you are trying to load your OS onto your new Raptor HDD, then you need to setup your bios to load the CD-ROM first. It will not add another option, that list is showing you your options.

5. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

It will see it as a SCSI card! Make sure all of your drivers are in order for the card first ;)

6. Audioman1

Audioman1 Thread Starter

So do i set it up to boot from the SCSI or the CDROM?

7. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

You should set up the boot sequence as SCSI first. Sometimes CD Rom works too. If you have another SCSI card in the computer, most likely you'll need to turn it off.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice