1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot from wrong HD

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TotalLossXP, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TotalLossXP

TotalLossXP Thread Starter

For about 2 months I've had 2 OS installed on different hard drives, one on C (NTFS, Vista), the other on D (NTFS, XP Pro). Every time I booted my computer, windows asked me which OS to use. I always chose D, because I really didn't like Vista. But today Windows didn't ask me which OS to use, it just booted from C and started Vista:confused: . Restarts didn't work, and neither did changing the drive names (C<>D). I can't figure out why Windows does that and so I myself can't solve the problem.

Can somebody tell me how to fix this problem, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice