1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot Ini. File Corrupt Or Invalid

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jason01, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jason01

jason01 Thread Starter

Im Having A Problem With My Xp Home Edition,,,my Wife Installed Ms Office Two Days Ago,,,now Every Time We Boot Up We Get The Invalid Boot Ini. File Warning,,,then The Comp Proceeds To Start Up,,,,its Running Slow,,,and It Removed My Boot Ini. Tab At The Top Of My Msconfig Screen,,,ive Asked Alot Of People And All Anyone Can Tell Me Is To Reformat,,,which I Would Like To Avoid If Possible,,,,im Open To Ideas If Anyone Has One,,,thanks!!!!

2. DFC

DFC

right click on my computer go to properties then click the advanced tab then cilck settings under start up and recovery under system startup then click edit and paste (if not there)
    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

and shut down your pc..

3. Augie65

Augie65

4. jason01

jason01 Thread Starter

thanks dfc,,,,,the only problem is that after i get to the properties screen,,,i hit advanced,,but it doesnt give an option for settings,,,it just offers attributes for file indexing and the only two tabs i get are "general" and "shortcut",,,,maybe i missed something,,,ill check back in a couple hours,,,thank you for your help

5. jason01

jason01 Thread Starter

sorry about that dfc,,,,,im a little stupid this morning,,,i clicked on my shortcut on the desktop instead of the one on my start menu,,,i finally got it to do what you said but,,,,when i click on startup and recovery,,,it says boot and timeout settings cannot be changed

6. jason01

jason01 Thread Starter

ok,,,,final thread on this subject,,,sorry for the confusion,,,,after several attempts i finally got the edit function to work,,,copied and pasted your reply to the boot notepad,,,,it worked like a charm,,,,,,thank you very much for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice